EFL sides compete in the first domestic cup action of the season this week, with the majority of Premier League clubs set to take part in the next stage.
The Carabao Cup returns this week as clubs from across the English football league take part in the first round of the 2022/23 competition.
Teams from the Championship, League One and League Two will compete for a place in the second round, where they will be joined by the majority of Premier League clubs.
The first round matches are led by Bradford City v Hull City (Tuesday) and Sheffield Wednesday v Sunderland (Wednesday), with both games being broadcast live on Sky Sports.
Once the first round action is complete, the second round draw will take place and here is everything you need to know about when and where it will be held:
When will the second round of the Carabao Cup be drawn?
The 2022/23 Carabao Cup second round draw will take place after the match between Sheffield Wednesday and Sunderland on Wednesday 10 August.
Mark Chapman will moderate the draw, with former Wednesday forward Clinton Morrison and Sunderland’s ex-Sunderland icon Michael Gray picking the ties.
The second round matches will take place during the week of August 22nd.
Is the Carabao Cup second round draw regionalized?
Yes, the draw for the second round of the Carabao Cup will be regionalized.
This means that the draw will be split into a southern and a northern part.
Only the first and second rounds of the competition have regionalized draws.
How to watch the draw of the second round of the Carabao Cup
The draw will take place live on Sky Sports after the conclusion of the Sheffield Wednesday v Sunderland game.
This match will be shown on Sky Sports Main Event and Sky Sports Football and will start at 19:45 (BST).
The other live game, Bradford City v Hull City, takes place the day before at the same time – Tuesday 9th August.
Draw of the second round of the Carabao Cup in the live stream
Sky customers can stream the draw live via SkyGo in either a web browser or via the SkyGo app, which can be downloaded from most major app stores.
Non-Sky customers can a NowTV Subscription to watch both the Sheffield Wednesday v Sunderland tie and the second round draw.
Which teams will take part in the draw of the second round of the Carabao Cup?
In addition to the 25 winners of the first round, two sides from the league and the 13 Premier League teams not participating in European competition this season will take part in the draw.
- Leicester City
- Brighton & Hove Albion
- Wolverhampton Wanderers
- Newcastle United
- crystal palace
- Nottingham Forest
Draw in the first round of the Carabao Cup
Here is the complete list of the first round duels taking place this week:
- Blackburn Rovers vs. Hartlepool United
- Harrogate Town vs. Stockport County
- Bolton Wanderers vs Salford City
- Morecambe vs. Stoke City
- Blackpool vs. Barrow
- West Bromwich Albion vs Sheffield United
- Sheffield Wednesday v Sunderland
- Grimsby Town vs Crewe Alexandra
- Mansfield Town vs. Derby County
- Accrington Stanley v Tranmere Rovers
- Middlesbrough versus Barnsley
- Bradford City vs Hull City
- Rochdale vs. Burton Albion
- Doncaster Rovers vs. Lincoln City
- Huddersfield Town versus Preston North End
- Shrewsbury Town v Carlisle United
- Port Vale v Rotherham United
- Fleetwood Town v Wigan Athletic
- Norwich City vs. Birmingham City
- Coventry City vs Bristol City
- Northampton Town v Wycombe Wanderers
- Cardiff City vs Portsmouth
- Charlton Athletic versus Queens Park Rangers
- Crawley Town v Bristol Rovers
- Walsall versus Swindon Town
- Ipswich Town v Colchester United
- Luton Town vs. Newport County
- Reading against Stevenage
- Plymouth Argyle vs Peterborough United
- AFC Wimbledon vs. Gillingham
- Cheltenham Town versus Exeter City
- Milton Keynes Dons vs Sutton United
- Forest Green Rovers vs. Leyton Orient
- Cambridge United vs Millwall
- Oxford United vs Swansea City