Madness will get the party started at Standon Calling this weekend.
It is the first day of the festival and will last until Sunday (July 24th).
Festival-goers will arrive ahead of a weekend packed with big acts.
Here’s everything you need to know:
Who is the headliner of Standon Calling?
Madness will be the headliner on Thursday.
Headliner on Friday is Anne-Marie
Loyle Carner is the headliner on Saturday.
The final headliner of the weekend is Primal Scream.
Where is Standon Calling?
The festival takes place in the grounds of Standon Lordship, near Standon in Hertfordshire.
It is about 30 miles north of London.
What are the scheduled times and lineup for Thursday?
- 2:45 p.m. – Nadia Rose
- 3.45pm – The Skints
- 4:45 p.m. – The Cuban Brothers
- 6 p.m. – The subways
- 7:30pm – Gabrielle
- 9:15 p.m. – madness
- 2.15pm – Mr no face
- 3.15pm – Darlings
- 4:15 p.m. – Later youth
- 5:30pm – Lucy Blue
- 6.45 p.m. – King Charles
- 8:15 p.m. – Uncle Funk’s disco inferno
- 10.30pm – The Craig Charles Funk & Soul Club
- 3:00 p.m. – Merged
- 3.45pm – Louie Forward
- 4.45pm – Suntou Susso
- 6 p.m. – Suntou Susso
- 7.30pm – Super Panela
- 9:15 p.m. – No-go stop
- 10.30pm – Club De Fromage
- 12 p.m. – DJ Danny Oliver
- 2 p.m. – Matt LeMoo
- 3pm – Digital Pocahontas
- 4pm – DJ Danny Oliver
- 5 p.m. – Estimated 1971
- 6 p.m. – Matt LeMoo
- 7pm – Digital Pocahontas
- 8 p.m.—Paul Wilkins
- 9pm – Dig It sound system
- 10pm – DJ D Cool
- 11:00 am – How to train your dinosaur
- 5:00 p.m. – Grand opening of the community hall
- 6:00 p.m. – Grand opening of the community hall
- 7:00 p.m. – Grand opening of the community hall
Stage of the University of Bedfordshire
- 3pm – T-shirt printing
- 6.30pm – Sniff the glove
- 2pm – Ronnie Joice
- 3.15pm – Ronnie Joice
- 4.15pm – Ronnie Joice
- 5:30 p.m. – Lo-Va
- 6:45 p.m. – Lo-Va
- 8.15pm – Ronnie Joice
- 10:45 p.m. – Iraina Mancini b2b Dean Chalkley
- 3:00 pm – Breathwork master class
- 4.15 p.m. – The Slow Mo Flow
- 4.45 p.m. – The Slow Mo Flow
- 5.15 p.m. – The Slow Mo Flow
- 2.30pm – MYO Dog Creations
- 4 p.m. – Macrame keychain
Main gate and ticket office times
Please note that if you arrive outside of these hours you may not be granted access.
All campsites and parking lots must be vacated by 12:00 noon on Monday 25 July.
- glass bottles
- Objects with an open flame, such as floating lanterns and candles
- Fireworks or pyrotechnics of any kind, including flares
- Disruptive objects such as air horns
- All camp stoves, briefcase camp stoves, and grills with gas cartridges over 8 pounds are not permitted. Unfortunately, due to the persistent heat and lack of rain, the ground is extremely dry, so for safety reasons we cannot allow disposable BBQs this year.
- Sound systems, unless they are small portable speakers used only on campsites
- Drones, professional video camera equipment
- laser pens
- high visibility jackets
- Weapons or anything that could be used as a weapon
- Illegal drugs of any kind, including “legal highs” and nitrous oxide
- Prescription drugs beyond personal use
- Signs or materials displaying unauthorized political, religiously offensive, racially offensive messages, slogans or images, or unauthorized promotional materials
Can you bring your own alcohol?
Weekend ticket holders are permitted to bring alcohol to the campsites for personal consumption up to the per-person allowance.
These are: 12 cans of beer/lager/cider OR 75cl of spirits (in a plastic container) OR a 2.25 liter case of unopened wine.
Standon Calling says: “You can only bring alcohol on first entry to the festival if you exchange your ticket for your wristband.
“If you need to bring alcohol into the festival for a later entry, please speak to a member of staff at the gate on your first arrival and ask for an alcohol pass.
“It confirms that you haven’t brought in your alcohol-free limit yet.
“You are not allowed to bring alcohol to the festival unless you have an alcohol pass and have already exchanged your ticket for a wristband.”
Day pass holders are not permitted to consume alcohol on site.