Rick Martin going through some BIG legal troubles right now…
According to that Associated Press, a judge in Puerto Rico on Friday issued a restraining order against the 50-year-old singer. However, authorities, who went to his home in the upscale neighborhood of the north coast town of Dorado, have yet to deliver the papers to him. Why is that? police spokesman Axel Valencia told the AP on Saturday this:
“So far the police have not been able to find him.”
Also Read: Britney Spears Gets 3-Year Restraint Against Ex Who Crashed Her Wedding!
It is unclear who applied for the order. Corresponding persons, the complaint was filed under Puerto Rico’s Law 54, commonly known as the Domestic Abuse Prevention and Intervention Act. Basically, the provisions of the bill (which was enacted in 1989) mean that the alleged victim’s name was not released.
but El Vocero, a Puerto Rican newspaper, stated that the restraining order came from a former romantic partner. The report claims Ricky and the other person dated for seven months but broke up two months ago. According to the petitioner The assassination of Gianni Versace The actor hasn’t been able to accept the breakup since then and has been hanging around near his ex’s house on at least three occasions. The news agency quoted the order as saying:
“The petitioner fears for his safety.”
It sounds like the alleged victim is someone other than his spouse Ivan Joseph with whom he shares four children! The couple haven’t addressed any changes in their relationship status recently, so… Things may not be looking good for Ricky!
Valencia explained that AP that the injunction prevents that Livin’ La Vida Loca Block artists from contacting the person who made the complaint. The police representative also pointed out that the petitioner never contacted law enforcement – which would have led prosecutors to determine if there was even enough evidence to even bring charges. Instead, the person went straight to the court. A judge will decide whether the order should continue at a later date.
Since the injunction was announced, Ricky’s representatives have denied all allegations personsSaying:
“The allegations against Ricky Martin leading to a protective order are completely false and fabricated. We are very confident that when the true facts of this matter come out, our client Ricky Martin will be fully vindicated.”Advertisement
Interestingly, this has come to light just days after Ricky was sued by his former manager for more than $3 million in unpaid commissions Rebecca Drucker who actually claimed to have known about a “potentially career-ending allegation” in September 2020, which she helped him get out of “unharmed”.
Per personsShe also claimed that between 2014-2018 and 2020-2022 she helped him make “millions of dollars” by working with him on “recording deals, touring and sponsorship deals and other professional ventures,” and her therefore “significant commissions” are owed .”
Rebecca further claimed Ricky created a “toxic work environment in which he constantly abused, manipulated, and lied to her.” This eventually led to her stepping down as his manager in April 2022. Now, she says, the musician is threatening and trying to “force her to sign an agreement with a non-disclosure clause to silence her about his behavior.”
Big whoops! Reactions, perezcious readers? Let us know in the comments!
[Image via MEGA/WENN]