No matter how neatly you fold the cable, your headphones will inevitably get tangled. After untangling the cables 150 times, the device stops working or the audio quality degrades. In this situation, switching to Bluetooth earbuds is a piece of cake. You can’t beat the comfort and sound quality of AirPods when looking for a new pair of headphones.
How far can Airpods be from the phone?
If you want to learn more about the sound quality of these Apple earbuds or the range they support, read on.
The optimal and maximum range
Apple AirPods work with a variety of devices alongside iPhones. As long as your smartphone or tablet has Bluetooth, you can use them together. There is a reception range of 10 to 18 meters (30 to 60 feet) that works best for them. That means you don’t have to take your smartphone with you everywhere, and your music won’t skip when you do.
Some users even put the earbuds through their paces to see how long they would last. They found the AirPods can be worn up to 60 feet while still playing music non-stop, but that’s unofficial. However, if you pair the earbuds with an iOS device, you can make the most of that range. Although it is able to connect them to an Android smartphone, this can reduce their range.
You should know that these earphones can be used by two people at the same time. Keep range in mind when lending yours to a friend so the two of you can enjoy your favorite band together.
In terms of range, there isn’t much of a difference between the first and second generation AirPods. The newer model may have a better connection if you’re further from the source. It certainly wasn’t one of the most notable additions to the AirPods Pro model.
How do I connect my AirPods?
You can use the AirPods for more than just listening to music. You can have a chat with Siri or make a call. If you’re using an iOS device, follow these steps to connect your earbuds and get them ready to go.
Check if new versions of your phone software are available.
- Keep your AirPods in their case close to your phone.
- Sit tight until an animation appears after unlocking your phone.
- To start the pairing process, select Connect.
- Complete the installation by following the on-screen instructions.
- Tap Done when you have paired the devices.
Key Features of Airpods
There are a few important elements to consider when looking for Airpods. The success or failure of your AirPods will be determined by these factors.
- battery power: The battery life of your AirPods is critical to their performance. With a fully charged battery you can listen for up to 5 hours and talk for up to 3 hours. To top it all off, the battery charger is incredibly compact and lightweight. It is lightweight and portable enough to take with you anywhere. The battery can be charged simply by plugging it into a power source. A 15 minute charge lasts over 3 hours. And when you speak, it lasts up to two hours.
- Performance: Airpods are known for their reliable wireless connectivity. The H1 headphone chip, which is said to be twice as fast when switching devices, also helps them connect on the fly. The chip has also almost doubled the time it takes to establish a phone connection.
- User-friendly control panel: The Airpods app is incredibly easy to use. You can use some of your phone’s features even when you’re not nearby. For example, with a tap you can adjust the weather, chat, and even look up the weather. You can do a lot of things without ever picking up your phone.
AirPods are one of Apple’s most useful products as they eliminate the hassle of headphones and cables for the first time in years. It offers excellent sound quality and connects quickly to any device. It also gives you more portability than traditional headphones.
Have you used your AirPods yet? There’s a lot you can do without picking up your phone. Share your thoughts in the section below.