Elton John’s Farewell Yellow Brick Road World Tour is coming to Gillette Stadium
Sir Elton John is bringing his farewell tour to Foxborough.
The two Gillette Stadium shows are the final stop on the US leg of his Farewell Yellow Brick Road World Tour.
He previously played two shows at MetLife Stadium in New Jersey over the weekend.
Sir Elton arrived in America in early July and has played two shows so far – one in Philadelphia and one in Detroit.
If you are going to MetLife Stadium, here is everything you need to know:
What time is the show at GilletteStadium?
Sir Elton will perform at Gillette Stadium tonight (July 28).
He already played one last night (July 27th).
It’s the last time he plays in New England.
Where is Gillette Stadium?
Gillette Stadium is located in Foxborough, Massachusetts
The full address is: 1 Patriot Pl, Foxborough, MA 02035, USA.
When do the concerts start?
The stadium gates open at 6 p.m.
The concert itself begins today (July 28) at 8 p.m.
Is there an opening act?
There will be no opening act before Sir Elton, so he will be on stage at 8pm.
Can you still get tickets?
The lowest priced tickets are $120 and the most expensive are $2,655.
What songs and setlist could he play?
- bennie and the jets
- Philly Freedom
- I think that’s why they call it the blues
- Border Song (Elton dedicated this song to Aretha Franklin)
- Little Dancer
- Have mercy on the criminal
- Rocket Man (I think it’s gonna be a long, long time)
- Take me to the pilot
- Someone saved my life tonight
- candle in the wind
- Funeral for a Friend/Love Lies Bleeding
- Burn down the mission
- Sad songs (say so much)
- sorry seems to be the hardest word (band introductions)
- Don’t let the sun go down (dedicated to Robert Kraft)
- The bitch is back
- I’m still standing
- crocodile rock
- Saturday night is okay for fighting
- Cold Heart (PNAU Remix)
- her song
- Bye bye, yellow cobbled road
- Don’t Go Breaking My Heart (Elton John & Kiki Dee Song)
What do the police say about traffic?
In a post on Facebook, the South Walpole Police Department said: “South Walpole #TrafficUpdate – Walpole Police Officers and City Council have received several inquiries since last Thursday evening regarding excessive traffic in and around South Walpole during the last few concert events.
“City officials have contacted state police and stadium officials to try to alleviate some of the traffic conditions during the Elton John concerts, which are scheduled to take place on Wednesday and Thursday nights this week.
“City officials have asked stadium officials to open car parks early for both events this week to allow traffic to continue flowing.
“The Walpole Police Department will also be working closely with the Massachusetts State Police to encourage State Police Troopers to allow traffic from Water St. onto Route 1 on an ongoing basis.”
“City officials believe that keeping traffic flowing in South Walpole is a key factor in addressing the issue we are facing.” The following roads will be closed from 4:30pm on July 27:
• Washington St at South St (Northern Access Point): Only local and concert traffic stays on Washington St. • Washington St at Pine St: Only local and concert traffic stays on Washington St. • Pine St at Walpole Park South : Only local and concert traffic Concert traffic will remain on Route 1. • Washington St at Clinton Ave: Only local traffic and concert traffic will remain on Washington St. • Washington St at South St (southern access point closest to the cemetery): Only local traffic and concert traffic will remain on Washington Street. • South Walpole Square: Normal task to manage the traffic in the square. • Water St: Normal duty to direct traffic on the plaza and act as a liaison with MSP at the intersection of Route 1 and North St (Foxboro). • Summer St at Eldor Dr: Only local traffic and concert traffic remain on Summer St. • Winter St at Eldor Dr: Only local traffic and concert traffic remain on Winter St. • The Preserve: Officers assigned to this complex to take calls for Service. • dr Comstock and Concord: Officers will patrol these areas to handle calls related to quality of life and/or traffic issues. Police added: “These restrictions will remain in effect until around 9pm this evening. There will be a heavy police presence in the area.
“A police officer in a Walpole police cruiser will be stationed on the closed roads. Officers are available to answer questions or address concerns from local residents and to respond to any immediate public safety issues that need to be addressed.
“City officials will evaluate the outcome of these changes ahead of the second Elton John concert, which will be held at the stadium on Thursday night.
“The same streets are expected to be affected, but city officials may make other changes as needed. We hope that these changes will result in a greater improvement over the last two events. Many Thanks!”
How much is parking?
The parking lot costs the following:
- General parking (pay on arrival only) $50 for cars and motorcycles
- $150 for buses and oversized vehicles
- Oversized vehicle parking on Lot 52
- Lot 15 for ridesharing, back of lot 6 for taxis
Gillette Stadium is a reminder to people driving to the concert that there will be a one-way system and potentially heavy traffic.
What are the other tour dates?
Sir Elton’s North American tour dates are as follows:
- July 27 – Foxborough, MA – Gillette Stadium
- July 28 – Foxborough, MA – Gillette Stadium
- July 30 – Cleveland, OH – Progressive Field
- August 5 – Chicago, IL – Soldier Field
- September 7 – Toronto, Canada – Rogers Center
- September 8 – Toronto, Canada – Rogers Center
- September 10 – Syracuse, NY – JMA Wireless Dome
- September 13 – Charleston, SC – Credit One Stadium
- September 16 – Pittsburgh, PA – PNC Park
- September 18 – Charlotte, NC Bank of America Stadium
- September 22 – Atlanta, GA – Mercedes-Benz Stadium
- September 24 – Washington, DC – Nationals Park
- September 30 – Arlington, TX – Globe Life Field
- October 2 – Nashville, TN – Nissan Stadium
- October 8 – Santa Clara, CA – Levi’s® Stadium
- October 9th – Santa Clara, CA – Levi’s® Stadium
- October 16 – Tacoma, WA – Tacoma Dome
- October 17 – Tacoma, WA – Tacoma Dome
- October 21 – Vancouver, Canada – BC Place
- October 22 – Vancouver, Canada – BC Place
- October 29 – San Antonio, TX – Alamodome
- November 1 – Las Vegas, NV – Allegiant Stadium
- November 4 – Houston, TX – Minute Maid Park
- November 9 – San Diego, California – Petco Park
- November 11 – Phoenix, AZ – Chase Field
- November 12 – Phoenix, Ariz. – Chase Field
- November 17 – Los Angeles, CA – Dodger Stadium
- November 18 – Los Angeles, CA – Dodger Stadium
- November 20 – Los Angeles, CA – Dodger Stadium
Is this Elton John’s farewell tour?
In 2018, Sir Elton announced he was retiring and embarking on a final three-year world tour.
It will span 300 shows around the world.
The tour has been postponed due to the pandemic.
2023 will be the end of it.