The tour includes performances at venues in Manchester, Nottingham, Liverpool and Newcastle
” src=”https://www.nationalworld.com/jpim-static/image/2022/08/05/11/GettyImages-1330415439.jpg?width=640&quality=65&smart&enable=upscale” srcset=”https://www .nationalworld.com/jpim-static/image/2022/08/05/11/GettyImages-1330415439.jpg?quality=65&smart&width=320 320w, https://www.nationalworld.com/jpim-static/image/2022/ 08/05/11/GettyImages-1330415439.jpg?quality=65&smart&width=640 640w, https://www.nationalworld.com/jpim-static/image/2022/08/05/11/GettyImages-1330415439.jpg?quality =65&smart&width=990 990w” data-hero=”” fetchpriority=”high”/> Blossoms perform on day two of the 2021 Tramlines Festival at Hillsborough Park on July 24, 2021 in Sheffield, England. (Photo by Christopher Furlong/Getty Images)
Blossoms perform on day two of the 2021 Tramlines Festival at Hillsborough Park on July 24, 2021 in Sheffield, England. (Photo by Christopher Furlong/Getty Images)
English band Blossoms will embark on a new UK and Ireland tour later this year. The announcement comes shortly after the band played the main stage at the Y Not festival in Derbyshire.
The band, consisting of vocalist and guitarist Tom Ogden, bassist Charlie Salt, guitarist Josh Dewhurst, drummer Joe Donovan and keyboardist Myles Kellock, released their debut studio album. Blossoms, back in 2016.
They have since become one of the biggest bands in the UK right now, having released three more albums – cool like you in 2018, Silly Loving Rooms in 2020 and Band around the bomb Earlier this year in April 2022.
Where and when are Blossoms playing?
These are the dates and venues where Blossoms will be performing during their 2022 UK & Ireland tour:
- 11 November, O2 Academy Bristol, Bristol
- 12 November, Rock City, Nottingham
- 13 November, Aylesbury Waterside Theatre, Aylesbury
- 15 November, Cambridge Corn Exchange, Cambridge
- 16 November, Portsmouth Town Hall, Portsmouth
- 18 November, The Great Hall, Exeter
- 19th November, O2 Academy Bournemouth, Bournemouth
- 20 November, O2 Town Hall, Newcastle
- 22 November, O2 Academy Glasgow, Glasgow
- 23 November, O2 Academy Edinburgh, Edinburgh
- 25th November, Doncaster Dome, Doncaster
- 26 November, Cardiff University Students Union, Cardiff
- 27 November, Liverpool Students Guild – Mountford Hall, Liverpool
- 29 November, O2 Academy Birmingham, Birmingham
- 30 November, Norwich UEA, Norwich
- 2 December, Brighton Dome, Brighton
- 3 December, O2 Academy Brixton, London
- 5 December, The Telegraph Building, Belfast
- 6 December, 3Olympia Theatre, Dublin
- 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th December, O2 Apollo Manchester, Manchester
A number of venues on the tour have already sold out, including gigs in Bristol, Nottingham, Liverpool and three of the four Manchester shows.
Where can I get tickets – how much do they cost?
Tickets for the new tour were made available to the public today, Friday 5th August.
Ticket prices vary depending on the venue you wish to visit, with prices starting at £32.45 and going up to £41.80 with some resale tickets reaching prices of almost £50.
Different venues also have different limits on the number of tickets one person can buy – for example, the Manchester concerts have a limit of eight tickets per person per household, while the Belfast performance has a limit of nine tickets per person.
Make sure and check if there are any ticket restrictions when purchasing your tickets as people exceeding the ticket limit may have their order cancelled.
What songs will they play?
The tour announcement comes after Blossoms released their titled fourth studio album earlier this year in April 2022 Band around the bomb.
It is therefore likely that the band will play songs from their latest album, which features tunes like Ode to NYC, Born Wild, The Writer, Cinerama Holy Days and visions.
Fans can probably expect the band to perform some of their most popular songs too – judging by the number of streams on Spotify, inclusive Charlemagne, your friend, honey sweet, there’s a reason why (I never returned your calls), I can’t take it and Escape.