Archie Battersbee: How Did The Teen Passes Away?

Advertisement

Archie Battersbee: How did the teenager die?

Another teenager has died because of the “Blackout Challenge”. In April of this year, Archie Battersbee accepted the challenge. He died four months later.

Advertisement

The 12-year-old boy was found unconscious in his mother’s room and taken to the hospital immediately.

He was put on life support by doctors, but that didn’t help him get better. In May, an MRI scan showed the child was “brain dead.” This led the court to rule that Archie’s life support should be turned off.

Advertisement

In April, Archie Battersbee was taken to the Royal London Hospital and placed on life support. Since May, the parents have been fighting the court’s decision to end life support.

Advertisement

Archie Batterbee

Hollie Dance, his mother, explained to the media:

“In grief, Archie passed away at 12:15 p.m. today.” (6 Aug). I just want to say that I am the proudest mom in the world. He was a very handsome little boy. He fought until the last moment and I’m so proud to be his mother.”

Advertisement

Ella Carter, a family member, spoke about the child’s death. She said Archie was stable until medical staff “stopped breathing for him and he turned completely blue.”

Did she add:

“It is not at all dignified to see a family member or a child choke. No family should ever have to go through what ours went through. It’s cruel.”

Advertisement

In recent days, Archie’s family have petitioned the High Court to place him in a hospice where he can die. But the court did not agree and the child must remain at the Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel, which is in east London.

In a news article, the doctor said it was “pointless” to continue treating the child and that there were other ways to help him.

Advertisement

Alistair Chesser, chief medical officer of NHS Trust, an organization supporting Archie Battersbee’s family following his tragic accident, told the media that the child “passed away on Saturday afternoon”.

He added:

“Members of his family were at his bedside and we are thinking of them and sending them our deepest condolences at this difficult time.”

Advertisement

He thanked the doctors and nurses at the Royal London Hospital, saying they have “provided quality care with exceptional compassion over a period of several months, in often difficult and worrying circumstances”.

He went on to say that Archie’s accident has affected many people across the UK. He said:

Advertisement

“This sad story has affected not only the family and the people who cared for him, but also many people across the country.”

Archie Battersbee took part in the “Blackout Challenge”, a very popular TikTok challenge.

Advertisement

On April 7, Archie’s family found him unconscious in the house. He had a very bad brain injury. His mother believes he took part in the “Blackout Challenge” that killed more than a few people around the world.

10 Most Dangerous TikTok Challenges Ever

Parents sue TikTok after two girls die in blackout challenge: How could the platform have stopped people from dying?

Advertisement

The challenge requires people to hold their breath until they feel like they’re going to pass out. It was a very dangerous challenge and many other children died from it.

Last year, the Lalani challenge killed Erika Renee Walton, 8, of Temple, Texas, and Arriani Jaileen Arroyo, 9, of Milwaukee. Her parents sued TikTok for promoting and showing such a dangerous challenge.

Advertisement